Monday, March 18, 2019

Sildar Hallwinter and guard


The first minis I painted from my Andelusian Light Infantry kit were a couple of armored guards. After starting, I realized that I'd need a mini for Sildar Hallwinter, the knight who appears in the first chapter of the adventure.

I modified the armored crossbowman by turning his hand around and cutting off the crossbow at the stock and trimmed up the bow to make crossguards. I then took a paperclip (similar to this style) and cut the flat part at an angle to make the blade. I superglued the blade into a notch I cut at the tip of the crossbow to make a nice-looking sword. I then took a flat pushpin with a paintable surface and glued it over his other arm for a shield.

For both figures, I followed the easy paining guide from Black Magic Craft. I used a thin solution of black paint, water, and dishsoap for my wash. I glued both figures to 1-inch fender washers, coated the surface of the washer in white glue, sprinkled on some salt and painted the bases black. I drybrushed the base with tan to make the rocks stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment